Every now and then I get this craving for something sweet, and when I’m in a rut I feel that I usually have two options: 1) a delicious piece of fruit or 2) something somewhat sweet, but usually gluten free. If you have been following the diet strictly each week you’re definitely entitled to a treat. Essentially, it’s alright once in awhile. Right?
To satisfy your sweet tooth, try these Coconut Blueberry Muffins. Not only do they satisfy your sweet tooth craving, but they are also gluten free and hardly bad for you. The subtle sweetness of the blueberries and honey bound together by the coconut flour make for a delicious and hearty treat.
Coconut Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cage free eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
Makes 6 Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Combine the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, salt and vanilla in a bowl and whisk them all together to make sure it is thoroughly mixed.
3. Sift the coconut flour and baking powder into the mixture. Make sure there are no lumps.
4. Carefully fold in the blueberries, and pour into the greased muffin tin.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Enjoy.
There you have it. I hope you enjoy it.
T H E O
 Photo Reference: Blueberry Muffins