We officially have 90 days until the end of 2018. I’d like to say that time flew by but I don’t think it did. After a year of traveling in 2017, I was able to spend time back at home in the bay area feeling more grounded and present. Experiencing so much that life has to offer, all of the ups and downs.
So here we are on October 1st with 90 days left in the year. What will you create? What will you shift? What will you make happen?
In the Fall of 2016 I decided to take off and travel intuitively. I didn’t really have a plan but I had an intention to step out of my comfort zone, shake things up, and amplify my life. I decided to track my progress for the last 90 days of the year and be super intentional with what I did daily. It’s amazing how much you can really get done in 90 days if you are committed to doing one thing every day.
Doing this practice also reminds me to celebrate the little wins throughout the day that are all leading to that BIG goal. I’m notorious for not celebrating the little wins (overachiever syndrome) and then I find myself hating on the most important person in my life for not doing enough… Myself. We’ve all fallen into that trap of feeling like we haven’t done enough. But is that the reality? Probably not. And if it is, then now you know where to make shift happen.
Here are the steps that I follow to amplify the end of the year.
5 Steps to Amplify 2018
- Write down 1 BIG goal you want to achieve by the end of the year. Keep in mind you may or may not get that exact thing but by being obsessed with getting it you will definitely be a lot closer to it than you are now. And in the process it will open new doors.
- Visualize yourself already having gotten this goal. See yourself being the person with it. Visualize every last detail. Write it down if you’d like. Do this daily.
- Every day do at least one thing towards getting this goal.
- Before saying “yes” to something ask yourself will doing XYZ bring you closer towards or move you further away from this goal? Regardless of how the answer affects your choice, the awareness is what’s most important here.
- Every evening take inventory by asking yourself “What did I do to amplify my goal today?”
Amplify Action Guide
I’ve packed these 5 steps and more in this free Amplify Action Guide. Download it here.
Pick Four Workbook
I use Seth Godin’s Pick Four Workbook curated from the late, great Zig Ziglar. It’s super simple and a great way to see your daily progress… the old fashioned way with pen and paper.
Post to comments what you’re going to shift in the next 90 days and let the countdown begin.
Ritu Riyat is an Applied Yoga and Meditation coach and Diversity and Inclusion leader in Silicon Valley. She creates simple habits to support sustainable health through food, movement, and meditation.