Yup, he's back!
It’s November and the holidays are around the corner. The cold weather and stress of the year end and shopping can often make us turn to food for comfort , slowly packing on some pounds and guilt. For some, the end of summer also meant the end of healthy eating. Let’s get back on track with a 21 day Zoleo Challenge starting NOW. It takes about 21 days to break a bad habit and to adopt a new habit.
For those that have joined this challenge before, please share your wisdom and support newcomers. This challenge is open to everyone willing to commit. AND for my ladies out there who are looking for a little more support, the first 10 to send me an email (email@example.com) will be eligible for the zoleo support group (meaning I will review your food logs and provide you with feedback). Ideal for ladies looking to really get back on track!
There couldn't be a better time to do some nutritional cleansing to look and feel great for the sunshine! Nutritionize is hosting the ever popular ZOLEO CHALLENGE! Grab a buddy or two or three or more, set some goals, and then make them happen! The rules are fairly simple and the results are priceless. The challenge will span 21 days and everyone is welcome to participate, there is no fee to join so spread the word.
For the next 21 days you will do the following:
- Set a 21 day goal
- Begin following a Zoleo Lifestyle (details below)
- Maintain a daily food log to be submitted online (I have a sample excel file on Google docs that can be used)
- Maintain Integrity (i.e. stay ON the bandwagon!!)
- Most importantly HAVE FUN and be creative. This is a lifestyle so enjoy it!
What is Zoleo?
Eat the following:
- Lean Meats
- Nuts, e.g. walnuts, Brazil nuts, macadamia, almond. Do not eat peanuts (a bean) or cashews (a family of their own)
- Low Glycemic Fruits (eg. Berries- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.)
Do NOT eat the following:
- Processed Foods- including bread, pasta, noodles, anything in a can
- Beans- including string beans, kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, snow-peas and peas
- Dairy products
- Fruit juice
Meal Portion and Timing:
- Balanced Meal: 1/3 Protein, 2/3 Carb and a sliver of fat
- Eat a balanced meal within an hour of waking up and every 2-3 hours after that without allowing 5 or more hours pass without eating.
- Remember Breakfast really is the MOST important meal of the day… do NOT skip it.
Don't forget this:
- Include 2-4 grams of Fish Oil supplement into your lifestyle and take with a meal. (you can use Robb Wolf's fish oil calculator to determine your appropriate dosage)
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate!
- Enjoy a Post Work Out recovery meal: Protein + carbs (type depends on goal) and NO FAT.
More information on any of the above topics can be found at www.nutritionize.net . You can also email with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or post them up to the blog. I'm looking forward to seeing some creative recipes and some amazing results!
To ensure that you will be on your way to healthy and happy lifestyle by Thanksgiving, the challenge starts no later than 11/4. Post to comments if you are up for the challenge…