Depending upon the individual, sometimes cooking in bulk can be
beneficial for you. I believe the key to any successful eating lifestyle
is convenience. If its there and readily available you should have no
problem adhering to your it..and especially when you're on Paleo, the
easier the better, right? Of course!
When you're strapped for time, and you need to come up w/ a quick,
healthy, and nutritious meal try this one on for size. Not only will it
be super delicious, but it could also feed you for a few days! Bulk
cooking? Let's go!
Note: You could either cook this in the Crockpot or in the Oven. Either
way, you come up w/ a delicious result.
M E A T B A L L S
– 2 lbs. grassfed ground beef (if you don't have this Trader Joe's has
96/4 Lean Ground Beef
– 3 or 4 chicken apple sausage links (diced up)
– chopped celery, onions, carrots, and bell pepper (optional: spinach)
– 3-4 cage free eggs
– 2/3 cup almond meal
– spices & herbs: dried oregano, thyme, parsley, garlic
powder/garlic salt, cracked black pepper, pinch of cumin seed
– 2 tbsp flax seed oil (optional)
S A U C E
– 1 bottle of Trader Joe's Organic Marina Sauce
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– handful of fresh basil
– about 5 chopped garlic cloves
– a pinch of salt
– using a big saucepan (place all the ingredients and warm it up for a
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1) Saute the diced up chicken sausage in olive oil and garlic, prior to
adding to the mixture.
2) Using your hands mix ingredients together (be careful the sausage
maybe hot still)
3) Preheat oven to 350 F.
4) From into large meatballs.
5) Brown the meatballs just a bit — prior to setting them in the
6) After placing the meatballs in the baking dish, pour the sauce all
over leaving no meatball "unsauced"
7) Place in oven (I like to use foil to cover the dish), and bake for
about 30-45 minutes until you see the sauce bubbling a bit.
8) Serve w/ a side of steamed vegetables.
There you have it! Paleo Meatballs in bulk. This should last you at
least a day or two, depending on how many people you are serving.
Sometimes having the already made food available for your post-workout
can be quite convenient. Try this recipe out, and let me know how it
– T H E O