With the Paleo challenge well under way, some of you might be wondering "What happened to Zoleo?" Zoleo hasn't gone anywhere! In fact, as part of living a healthy lifestyle, it's important to experiment with new ideas and paradigms, to see if they work for you (or not). This Paleo challenge is for us to experiment what happens when we don't balance or measure at all, and eat strictly paleo foods. After 30 days, we'll evaluate how we look, feel and perform. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to Zoleo.
Here's what I ate yesterday (I'm still putting down the quantities):
- Breakfast: Mom's Omelete (1 omega egg, 2 egg whites, onions, cilantro), 2 oz leftover chicken curry, 1 cup stir fry veggies, 1 cup strawberries Thanks Mom!!
- Lunch: 5 oz poached salmon, 1 cup steamed spinach, 1 cup peas & corn, ½ cup mango salsa
- Snack: 2 oz chicken curry, ½ cup stir fry veggies, strawberries
- Dinner: 4 oz rotisserie chicken, large heap of sautéed spinach, strawberries.
- Before Bed: Big chunk of dark chocolate almond bark, and a big handful of baked TJ's Cheetos.
I've noticed that my hunger levels are extremely low in between meals, I can go 5 hrs and I'm "good". Lately I've been doing CrossFit only twice a week with soccer on Saturdays, yet my weight is maintaining, and my performance is pretty much level.
What'd you eat? How are you feeling? Post to comments!!