When you're on Paleo, you have to make it a habit to vary your meals, otherwise you are going to get bored w/ this lifestyle rather quickly. Luckily for us, there are so many recipes that already exist, and many, many more that have yet to be discovered.
It was one of those nights where we didn't have anything planned for dinner…until we looked at the ingredients we already had.
Chicken Breast + Spaghetti Sauce + Almond Meal + Coconut Flour = A Paleo Twist on a Classic Dish
Paleo Chicken Parmesana
2 chicken breasts (slice in half to make thinner pieces)
2 cage-free eggs, beaten
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup seasoned almond meal
1 cup coconut flour
1 bottle of Marinara sauce
1.5 tbsp. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Mix coconut milk and eggs in a shallow dish and set aside.
3. Prepare the coconut flour and almond meal on separate flat surfaces.
4. Coat the chicken breast with coconut flour. Then dip it into the coconut milk/egg combo, and dip it into the almond meal.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic for flavor. Add chicken and heat for about 4 minutes each side or until the chicken is cooked mildly through.
6. Pour a little of the pasta sauce into a baking dish. Add the cooked chicken, then pour the remaining pasta sauce to cover. *Optional = sprinkle a little cheese over the entire surface (if you feel like cheating)
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pasta sauce is bubbling.
8. Serve on top of a bed of spinach or your favorite greens.
I enjoyed it very much, and I know you will too! Let me know how it goes.
Body Fat Testing: Friday March 26th from 12-5pm
We still have some slots available for testing that we need to fill up in order to get the truck out to MHF. If you are interested make sure you sign up online!