As long as I could remember, white rice has always been a staple that accompanied all main courses… that was until Crossfit came around. In order to perform better, I knew I had to eat better. Adios white rice, hello brown rice. Right? Wrong. Although rice is gluten free, it's not the carbohydrate that Paleo folk choose to consume. Until now. I bring you the perfect substitute for any dish that can be eaten rice. Its versatility allows you to eat it with just about everything. Try it with your favorite Paleo Curry Dish or even with a piece of Grilled Salmon.
What is it? Drum roll please….. Cauliflower Rice!
Here is the Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe:
1 medium head cauliflower
1 green onion
1 large egg (optional: use only the egg whites) whisked
1 table spoon garlic
1 table spoon olive oil
*Optional: half cup meat of choice (chicken apple sausage is my personal favorite)
Dash of salt & pepper
1. Finely chop cauliflower (or use a food processor)
2. Microwave the dice cauliflower for about 3 minutes or until it gets soft.
3. Warm pan and add a bit of olive oil.
4. Add finely chopped garlic, green onions, and meat of choice (*optional) to the hot pan.
5. Add whisked egg white into the hot pan.
6. Quickly add the cauliflower before the egg is cooked all the way and stir. This allows the egg to mix with the cauliflower for a nice flavor.
7. Once the Cauliflower and the egg are well mixed and start getting brown add salt, pepper, and other spices of choice.
I had Cauliflower Fried Rice w/ 2 – Cage Free Fried Eggs, and some Chicken Apple Sausage.
How would you eat your Cauliflower Rice? Post to comments…